The Board of Directors for The Groove Fund Inc. has established Saturday, April 30, 2022, as the deadline for accepting applications for student scholarships to be issued in 2022.
The Groove Fund’s primary focus is to provide academic scholarship awards to college students who plan to pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees. The Groove Fund places particular emphasis on young black men but does not discriminate against other applicants based on race, gender, religion, or ethnic background. Scholarship awards are based on the availability of funding and academic performance.
To qualify for a Groove Fund Scholarship an applicant must be a high school senior and meet the following requirements:
- will graduate by June 30th of this calendar year, 2022
- has a minimum B grade point average; and
- has committed to attend a 4-year College or University during the Fall semester of the current calendar year; or
- A current undergraduate student with plans to attend or currently enrolled at a 4-year college or university, or graduate student with a 2.50 grade point average on a 4.00 scale.
To obtain an application, please download the application form found on Scholarship Award Programs and submit a completed application packet by the April 30th deadline. A complete packet includes the following:
- a copy of your most recent high school or college transcript;
- a copy of your acceptance letter to attend a 4-year college or university
- a letter of recommendation from your high school principal or guidance counselor
- a one-page typed essay that identifies the person you most admire, and why?
- a recent hi-resolution head shot with a compeleted photo release form that authorizes our use
While the Groove Fund Inc. is an entity separate from Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship, Inc., Groove Phi Groove’s fellowmen have accepted the challenge and assumed leadership roles in providing this valuable service to the young people in our communities across the country. Many fellowmen have provided the Fund with much-needed financial support in the past and the organization continues to seek financial contributions from all the fellowmen of Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship Inc. and to achieve the Fund’s goal of perpetuating higher education and economic empowerment through giving.
Groove Fund Board Chairman Victor Henderson adds, “The Board members of the Groove Fund are committed to the continued growth of the fund and the expansion of our reach as a source of financial support for the education of our young people. We look forward to achieving full participation from all Fellowmen of Groove Phi Groove in recommending applicants for scholarships as well as providing financial contributions to the fund.”
The Groove Fund, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization and, as such, all contributions to The Groove Fund are tax-deductible. Individual and corporate donations are welcome and can be made online at: Support The Groove Fund or mailed to:
The Groove Fund Inc., P.O. Box 7713 Philadelphia, PA 19101.
For further information or inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Award Application Form (New form available by February 1, 2022)