The Board of Directors of The Groove Fund Inc. is pleased to announce the deadline for accepting applications for student scholarships for 2023 is Friday, March 31, 2023.
The primary focus of The Groove Fund is to provide academic scholarship awards to college students who plan to pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees. The Groove Fund places particular emphasis on young black men but does not discriminate against other applicants based on race, gender, religion, or ethnic background. Scholarship awards are based on the availability of funding, academic performance, and unmet financial need.
To qualify for a Groove Fund Scholarship an applicant must be a high school senior and meet the following requirements:
- will graduate by June 30th of the calendar year 2023
- has a minimum B grade point average; and
- has committed to attend a 4-year College or University during the Fall semester of the current calendar year, or
- A current undergraduate student planning to attend or currently enrolled at a 4-year college or university, or graduate student, with a 2.50-grade average on a 4.00
The following support documents must be included with your application:
- A copy of your most recent high school or college transcript;
- A copy of your acceptance letter to attend a 4-year college/university;
- A letter of recommendation from your high school principal or guidance counselor;
- A one-page typed essay that identifies the person you most admire, and why; and
- A recent high-resolution headshot photo and Photograph Release Form.
To receive an application via DocuSign provide your contact information via the form below. You will receive the DocuSign application within a few days via the provided email. Complete and sign the DocuSign application and submit it with supporting documentation. Applications must be submitted by midnight, on Friday, March 31, 2023, to be accepted.
While the Groove Fund Inc. is an entity separate from Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship, Inc., the fellowmen of Groove Phi Groove have accepted the challenge and assumed leadership roles in providing this valuable service to the young people in our communities across the country. Many Fellowmen have provided the Fund with much-needed financial support in the past. The organization continues to seek financial contributions from all the Fellowmen of Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship Inc. to achieve the Fund’s goal of perpetuating higher education and economic empowerment through giving.
Groove Fund Board Chairman Victor Henderson added, “The Board members of the Groove Fund are committed to the continued growth of the fund and to the expansion of our reach as a source of financial support for the education of our young people. We look forward to achieving full participation from all Fellowmen of Groove Phi Groove in recommending applicants for scholarships as well as providing financial contributions to the fund.”
The Groove Fund, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization and, as such, all contributions to The Groove Fund are tax-deductible. Individual and corporate donations are welcome and can be made online at: Support The Groove Fund or mailed to:
The Groove Fund Inc., P.O. Box 1079, Hartford, CT. 06143-1079
To receive For further information or inquiries, please email us at [email protected]